Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Long days, short nights

I've been out of the office most of the past 3 weeks. It's wierd, but kinda nice to be in for a whole week this week. The bridge I was on for 2 of those weeks was really neat. And I got to do some climbing stuff I hadn't done before. Hopefully I'll get to keep doing that.

I was on the Burlington-Bristol bridge. It's really high, and fairly narrow, having been built in the 30s. And I was hanging out outside of the roadway area, on a 12x12 bottom chord, some 50 feet above the water. It really only raises for very large boats.


Here's the view from where I was on the bottom chord:


Pretty cool stuff. But we were working 13+ hour days, getting back to the hotel at 9, going to dinner and getting back by 11 in time to fall into bed to get up at 6:30 the next morning. That's not so much fun. But I have a full week of comp time now, after both weeks out there.

No comments: